When You Drive a Car at Night, Do You Want Your Ebike Lights to Get Darker and Darker?
● Why Do Most E-BIKE or LEV Lights Become Darker and Darker while riding?
● Would you purchase an E-BIKE or E-MOTORBIKE that headlights become darker and darker while riding at night?
Of course, you don’t want your ebike lights to get darker and darker while riding at night.
However, there are many e-bikes on the market, riding after 20 to 30 minutes, the ebike lights’ brightness drop to only around 50% of the original brightness, or even lower.
We must point out that these unbelievable headlights DO NOT meet safety regulations.
Whether it is K-MARK (StVZO), E-MARK, or DOT, vehicle lighting manufacturers “should” comply with the beam pattern & brightness to qualify for vehicle lighting safety regulations.
● World-famous lighting manufacturers (e.g. OsrXX, PhiliXX) all know that”Lumen Maintenance” is the most BASIC lighting requirement standard.
● If the brightness is lower than 70% of the Lumen Maintenance rate, it will be very dangerous for riders, raising safety concerns at night.
● In addition, overheating(over-burning hot) of ebike lights will affect the lifespan.
● Regardless of whether the light vehicle headlights you choose have passed K-MARK (StVZO), E-MARK, or DOT certification, the brightness of the vehicle lights must comply with the brightness requirements of regulations and MUST reach at least 70% brightness.
Do you know that many ebike light manufacturers purposely reduce the power (Wattage) while designing lights?
Its purpose in order to solve burning hot(overheating) problems of the LED headlight body, to help heat dissipation & reduce temperature.
A Kind Reminder of Overheating:
● The headlight’s brightness must be maintained at least 70%, so that the riders can use the headlights safely with peace of mind; Otherwise, the light electric vehicle lighting manufacturer must change the design of the heat dissipation mechanism until meets the regulations Requirements for vehicle lighting brightness.
● If the light vehicle lighting manufacturers violate safety regulations and reduce the wattage to solve the problem of light overheating. This also definitely causes the “lumen maintenance rate” to be unstable, and the brightness of the lights will be darker and darker after riding. Lighting brightness is slowly dropping within a short time.
● If vehicle lighting sacrifices lots of Lumen Maintenance performance, IT IS a big LOSS on a light electric vehicle project value and rider’s safety & enhanced high risk at night riding.
What is Lumen Maintenance?
A measure of the level of lumen output produced by a lamp or luminaire over time compared to the initial level of lumen output.
A measure of luminaire efficiency that focuses on the ability of the luminaire system to transfer heat from sensitive components, such as LEDs, to the outside environment.
High levels of thermal efficiency are made possibly by using high-quality components
(such as LEDs with low thermal resistance) and materials (such as aluminum alloys with low thermal resistance), as well as intelligent product designs.
Test Power Consumption of Headlight
A Kind Reminder: Please test the lights FIRST to see if they are in unstable brightness performance. Test it before installing a headlight.
P = V x I
P = Power (Watt)
V = Voltage
I = Current (Ampere)
Methods and Steps:
Step 1: Prepare a headlight and do a test in an indoor environment of 35 degrees Celsius.
Step 2: Turn on the power of the headlight (“Power On”)
Step 3: Continuing to light up for 40 minutes headlight, firstly measure the current & voltage.
After calculating the formula, you will get the POWER (Wattage).
Step 4: Compare the initial and final POWER (Wattage) at the time point.
Step 5: After 30~40 minutes;
If the POWER (Wattage) of the headlights is reduced by more than 30% compared to the initial lighting power
(Meaning: the brightness of the headlights is decreased by more than 30%).
We recommend that you do not install this headlight, it increases the risk of riding at night!
Kindly See the Testing Chart Below:
If you have any questions or experience any issues, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us via email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org